In the absence of in-person programming on our stages (and pretty much everywhere else) this summer, SLAC is pleased to announce a call for entries for a new digital content series.
WE GOT THE LAUGHS will be a 10-part, weekly entertainment series released via SLAC’s blog and social channels. These comedic shorts (1 to 3 1/2 minutes in length) are intended to uplift, entertain, and most importantly, provide much needed laughter to our community. The best part? We're opening up script submissions* to the public.
Aside from a few guidelines, included below, anything goes! We're looking for your best song parodies, comedic how-to videos, social satire, or whatever your brain dreams up! We'll be utilizing a first-rate group of actor/singer/dancers to create these digital shorts, so write accordingly!
*Authors of the entries chosen to be fully produced by Salt Lake Acting Company will receive a stipend of $500.
- Content should uplift, inspire, and/or educate. Most importantly, it must MAKE US LAUGH!
- Pop culture parodies, political satire, Utah-centric themes all encouraged.
- Scripts should depict scenes between 1 to 3 1/2 minutes in length.
- Bear in mind that the actors will not be in the same physical location. However, use your imagination--we'll make your story work!
- Scenes can include between 1 to 12 actors. The SLAC team will take care of assigning roles from a cast of incredibly talented triple threats:
How to Enter
Friday, June 12th at 11:59 PM
Note: Given the nature of this project, submitting scripts before the deadline is strongly encouraged.