On Sunday, November 3rd, we're pleased to present a local group of experts on menstrual health and period equity in a free panel discussion, titled “Let’s Talk, Period: Period Stigma, Period Equity, and the Period Movement”. The discussion will occur immediately following that day's 1:00 PM performance of FORM OF A GIRL UNKNOWN. The dynamic lineup—composed of academics, activists, and lobbyists, includes:
- Donna Baluchi– Medical Library Supervisor, University of Utah’s Eccles Health Sciences Library
- Emma Gillett – Director of Outreach, The Policy Project
- Anna Mae – Chapter President, PERIOD Salt Lake City
- Lupita Mendez – Senior, Wasatch High School and Member, Wasatch and Summit County Teen Council
- Ocean Candler – Community Health Educator, Planned Parenthood Association of Utah
From Left to Right: Emma Gillett, Anna Mae, Lupita Mendez, Donna Baluchi, and Ocean Candler
Those who are interested in attending need only show up to the theatre for the discussion—no ticket necessary. The panel commences at 2:45 PM.
FORM OF A GIRL UNKNOWN runs through November 17th. Tickets to the production can be obtained here or by calling SLAC’s box office at 801.363.7522. Group, senior, student, and 30 and under tickets are available.